Wednesday 27 October 2010

Newtek Lightwave 3D v9 problem with Registration Key Solution

Having bought Newtek Lightwave at a phenomenal price (well it was as close to half price as you are likely to get) I eagerly extracted the box from the package and opened it to find three manuals and a CD box. I duly went through the installation process and the registration process which was strangely laborious and finally got my License Key provided via a link on the internet and then in an email as well. I ran the Registration Utility program, entered the Lock ID and the License Key and pressed "Accept". A message came up and said it had been successfully written.

YIPPEE!

I now ran Newtek Layout and the damn thing said there was no Registration Key and it was running in Discover Mode. Well I searched for an answer on the internet but couldn't find how to get the Registration Key entered such that it would work. But strangely, with a bit of hunting around on the computer and scratching my head I found a file in a folder called...

[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave3D 9\Programs

a file called license.key

So I opened it with NotePad wondering if it might be text and sure enough there was my License Key. So, just experimenting, I copied it to the respective folder where Newtek Lightwave was residing (i.e. C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave3D 9\Programs) and ran Layout once again. To my amazement it was now running correctly and out of Discover Mode.

So, if you are having a problem with the Registration Key with NewTek Lightwave the solution might be to search your computer for the file called license.key and to move it to the NewTek\LightWave\Programs folder.

Hope this helps :)

2 comments:

  1. LightWave 2022 Crack It is universal enough to create a transition in all activities. It is also used to create images for printing, the Internet, industrial design, architecture, medical imaging, and wherever a 3D package is needed.
    https://softwaregurucrack.com/lightwave-crack/

    ReplyDelete